Although there hasn't been a new stable ARTS release in a while, the ARTS team is very busy working on new features in the development branch. To give you a glimpse of the current development, here is a list of some features we're working on:
- Line mixing calculations.
- Consideration of non-LTE effects.
- Several optimizations have be applied to DOIT, one of ARTS' scattering solvers. This includes an improved conversion algorithm and an optimized pressure grid. More enhancements are still being worked on.
- Integration of the RT4 polarized model for horizontally oriented particles by Frank Evans into ARTS as an additional scattering solver.
- Integration of the NWP SAF sea surface model FASTEM into ARTS.
- ARTS' internal catalog format (ARTSCAT-5) has been improved and now supports storage of various pressure broadening schemes, various line mixing schemes and quantum numbers.
- Overwhaul of the Disort integration.
Once the dust settles and the new features are polished, we hope to release a new stable ARTS version in the near future.
The Hudson automated build service for ARTS has been migrated to the server in Hamburg. The new location is: https://arts.mi.uni-hamburg.de/hudson/.