Bredbeck Workshop 2004
- Workshop Program
- Workshop Minutes
- Working group summaries
- Feedback and Suggestions
- List of participants
- Photo gallery
This workshop series was started in 1999. Its main objective is to enhance information exchange and collaboration regarding radiative transfer modeling in the mm and sub-mm frequency ranges. The discussions and experiences of the five previous workshops have resulted in the radiative transfer model ARTS.
- Implementation of particle scattering in ARTS 1.1 (Discrete ordinate and Monte Carlo approaches)
- Technical support for ARTS and QPACK users
- AMSU validation
- Spectroscopy in relation to the SMILES and MASTER instruments
- Retrieval methods (presentation and intercomparison of different approaches)
If you have any ideas concerning the program of the workshop please mail to Claudia Emde <claudia (at) sat.physik.uni-bremen.de>.
|Date:||June 21-24, 2004|
An der Wassermuehle 30
The workshop starts and ends with lunch. The workshop itself, including meals and accommodation, is free of charge (courtesy of IUP, University of Bremen. Accommodation will be mostly in double rooms, we have a house with (mostly double) rooms for 30 registered participants.
We have arranged transportation between Bremen and the Bredbeck guesthouse by bus. To make use of this opportunity you have to be at the University of Bremen, Building NW1, at 10.00 on Monday June 21. Bredbeck is a rather remote place, so getting there on your own might be difficult.
If you want to arrive in Bremen before Monday June 21, or stay after Thursday June 24, we can help you to reserve a hotel room (however, you have to pay your own bill).
Registration:Please use the online form to register for the workshop. Registrations will be handled on a first-come-first-served basis. A list of registered participants can be found here.
Things to bring:
- Swimming stuff (we can make an excursion to a nearby lake one evening).
- Laptop with ARTS if you want help on ARTS usage.
- Laptop with Linux / Cygwin if you want help on ARTS installation.
- Paper copies and possibly also electronic copies of your slides.